Monday, June 1, 2015

A Little of Everything, A lot of nothing...Intro.

   I've heard all my life the key to career success is in finding where your true passion lies. Once you find it your goal should be to find a job that allows you to live out this passion daily. Because you are essentially, what you do. I was assured that while some discover this passion at a young age maybe being musically inclined or having promising artistic abilities some of us realize our "calling" later in life. What if you are 28 years old as myself and have yet to find your passion? The days of  "give it some time you're young", are coming  a screeching halt. What if nothing peaks your interest? Are you than passionless? What if you know A Little of Everything, A lot of Nothing?


   As child I was exposed to music, books, art, language and food. Billie Holiday filled my ears, Maya Angelou filled my brain, Dali was an obsession and Mediterranean was a favorite. I was articulate and well spoken. I was placed in the lead classes in elementary school. I had what appeared to be the makings of a well rounded productive educated woman. But as i got older my light dimmed rather than shined. I had little to no interest in school or anything for that matter. I struggled with depression as well as low self esteem. I was all mass no substance. I still feel this way. So what is the purpose of my blog?
To be a raw honest reflection of  my journey of self actualization in finding my truth, purpose and passion.

   Ready, set and...............................

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised by the revelation at the end of your blog entry ..Its hard to believe that someone who is so articulate, intelligent, and brave see's herself as having low self esteem.I suppose you truly cannot judge a blog by its cover.I feel confident that with your insight and intellectual strength you will achieve your goal of finding your purpose and passion.I do believe however that you already have found your truth.

    ReplyDelete